Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Journey Begins Anew

 Time speeds by me as I sit here, but I do not mind.

This week has been one of the hardest this fall. Partly because I did not meet with my Bible study group, and partly because I am just a sinful man. I am constantly amazed at how God tolerates so much from me, yet he loves me that much more.  That one blessed fact has not only pushed me into action, it has stirred my once dormant ability to write songs. Therefore, the journey begins anew. The journey is simply one of broadcasting the seed of His love through the ability He has given me, but its simplicity does not make it any easier. I have been prodded by the words of wisdom that come from a good friend of mine as she writes of how we as the church should not just praise God by going to church every time the doors are open, but to take what is gleaned from the Sunday morning sermon and put foot to His word. I am also reminded of the words from my mentor, "Do what you can, where you can, with what you can."
With all that said, it is time that I remain no longer dormant in my little Christian cubicle. It is time to rise and become who He made me to be.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11  

No comments:

Post a Comment